Feature Proposal: Simplify building and using local extension repositories
Support for local extension repositories has been around for a long time, but the effort to build and use alternate repositories is not well documented.
Description and Documentation
This proposal is split from FormallySupportMultipleExtensionVersions
- originally AddBetaSubWebToExtensionsWeb
Some of the items under consideration:
- Create a Contrib that packages all of the pieces of a local repository
- Improve documentation of local repositories
- Enhance BuildContrib to simplify uploading to an alternate repository
- Deal with PackageForm issues when uploading to an alternate repository.
- Add an alternate script/web/suffix parameters for a 2nd recovery location
- If download fails, or download topic does not include a PackageForm, attempt the alternate location
- If download/recover from upload location succeeds, use that form.
- Other possible enhancements
- Optionally filter the author= field on %META:TOPICINFO, and user field of %META:FILEATTACHMENT to ProjectContributor, or other override specified in build.pl
build.pl upload dialog
Loaded config from /home/myuser/.buildcontrib
Basing new topic on /var/www/SVN/foswiki/DirectedGraphPlugin/DirectedGraphPlugin.txt
Preparing to upload to:
If PackageForm is missing from the upload topic/location
the following alternate location will be used to attempt to
recover the package form:
Is that correct? Answer 'n' to change? [y/n]
-- Contributors: GeorgeClark
- 18 Feb 2010
One more day to raise concern or give feedback before this one is passed by 14-day rule
- 04 Mar 2010
Proposal has been accepted by 14-day rule.
- 09 Mar 2010