About this page
This page is used to record events important to the marketing community. These are both internal to the community (e.g. marketing meetings, etc) and external (e.g. dates on which media coverage for Foswiki is expected). It is important that we keep track of these dates, especially the external ones since we need to ensure that our internal actions (e.g. scheduling a release) coincide with external events (such as receiving press coverage in a magazine).
See also SummitsAndMeetUps
A number of suggestions. Please add or comment. Otherwise I suggest to "just do it". -- ArthurClemens
- 25 Sep 2009
- October 2009 - Highlight 5 top extensions: TopExtensions
- Create long list, short list, make selection
- Make sure the extension pages are understandable, explain usage and give examples
- Create video, blog posts
- Make space on Extensions home
- Make teasers on About pages, homepage
- November 2009 - Community Summit
- Lay out goals (for instance roadmap, decision making) so that it is clear to outsiders why we need to have the summit
- Create a special page targeted to switchers: invite twiki users to bring forward ideas and/or join the summit
- Also find other means for them to participate without joining in person
- Send out an invitation. Of course this needs to be handle very carefully. But because we are still supporting TWiki users, we also want to hear their wishes, ideas, complaints, etcetera. Or ideas how to create better coverage.
- Focus efforts to promote/support/celebrate switchers. See VirtualUpgradingParties.
- Make a special page to inform people that will/did not join in person
- Create a follow up with details of outcome
- December 2009 - Highlight special enterprise features
- Foswiki shines in enterprise, but not many people are aware of this.
- November 12-14th, 2010 - WikiFestBln2010
- November 19th - HappyBirthdayFoswiki