If you are a developer, please use a private wiki based on foswiki/trunk on a daily base ...or use trunk.foswiki.org
to view this page for some minimal testing.
for docu changes for 1.2 and 2.0.
Item5263: Preview with pickaxe/wysiwyg and Firefox make you lose all you typed when you go back
All you have edited is lost if you return from preview with the browser back button when two conditions are met
- You have passed the pickaxe. It does not matter if you preview from pickaxe mode or you have returned to wysiwyg before you preview
- You use Firefox This will be very annoying for FF users.
- 18 Jan 2008
I see two better ways to deal with the preview problem.
- The difficult. Add button to preview that brings you back to last edit mode. We can save from preview mode so obviously we have the entire topic text in a buffer that we can get back to same way as we change between pickaxe and wysiwyg
- The easy. Remove all the buttons from the preview screen and change the display of preview to pop-up in new window. This way you cannot possibly loose anything because your normal edit window is still open.
How difficult is it to implement the number 2? Removing buttons from preview template should be safe. Is it easy to change the action of previewing to open new window?
- 19 Jan 2008
This is currently the most urgent of all bugs so I am adding this comment to elevate it to the top of the changed list.
- 21 Jan 2008
Preview button has been removed (though I note we now have "or or" in the menu bar
) Lowered to Normal.
The "remove preview" solution seems to be working for everyone, so closing this.
- 30 May 2009
I'm reopening the issue, because, no, it isn't working for us. We're using Foswiki as corporate wiki and have got some complains regarding the preview button. The reasoning behind those complains is that:
- WYSIWYG doesn't expand macros
- the result isn't exactly the same as you see it in the WYSIWYG
- 22 Nov 2010
For our release management process, it doesn't make sense to keep such an old bug (with code committed against it, which has now been released).
I have created Item10065
as a follow-up, please continue there.
- 22 Nov 2010