NOTE: This is the TestCases web. You cannot edit any topic named "TestCase..." or "Web..." in this web, you can only create new topics. Any topics you do create that are not checked into subversion may be deleted by anyone, at any time.
TestCases Web Preferences
- Set BROADCASTMESSAGE = NOTE: This is the TestCases web. You cannot edit any topic named "TestCase..." or "Web..." in this web, you can only create new topics. Any topics you do create that are not checked into subversion may be deleted by anyone, at any time.
The following settings are web preferences
of the TestCases web. These preferences overwrite the site-level preferences
, and can be overwritten by user preferences
(your personal topic, i.e. WikiGuest
in the Main web)
- List of topics of the TestCases web:
- Web-specific background color: (Pick a lighter one of the StandardColors)
- List this web in the SiteMap:
- If yes, Set SITEMAPLIST =
on, and add the "what" and "use to..." description for the site map. Make sure to list only links that include the name of the web, e.g. TestCases.Topic links.
- Set SITEMAPLIST = on
- Set SITEMAPWHAT = Test Cases for Foswiki
- Set SITEMAPUSETO = Test Foswiki.
- Exclude web from a
web="all" search: (Set to
on for hidden webs)
- Default template for new topics and form(s) for this web:
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in the TestCases web: (See AccessControl)
- #Set DENYWEBVIEW =
- #Set ALLOWWEBVIEW =
- #Set DENYWEBCHANGE =
- #Set ALLOWWEBCHANGE =
- #Set DENYWEBRENAME =
- #Set ALLOWWEBRENAME =
- Users or groups allowed to change or rename this WebPreferences topic: (e.g., AdminGroup)
- #Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE =
- #Set ALLOWTOPICRENAME =
- Web preferences that are not allowed to be overridden by sub-web, user or topic preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = WEBTOPICLIST, DENYWEBVIEW, ALLOWWEBVIEW, DENYWEBCHANGE, ALLOWWEBCHANGE, DENYWEBRENAME, ALLOWWEBRENAME, SAUSAGES
- Try and kidnap a final preference from DefaultPreferences. The FINALPREFERENCES setting there should block this
- Set GLOBALFINALTESTPREF1 = ERROR in web
- Set GLOBALFINALTESTPREF2 = ERROR in web
- Set WEBFINALTESTPREF = web final test pref
- Set WEBTESTPREF = web test pref
- Set OVERRIDETHISTESTPREF = ERROR web setting
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = WEBFINALTESTPREF
- A preference is defined as:
6 spaces * Set NAME = value
- Preferences are used as Macros by enclosing the name in percent signs. Example:
- When you write variable
%WEBBGCOLOR% , it gets expanded to
- The sequential order of the preference settings is significant. Define preferences that use other preferences first, i.e. set
%WEBCOPYRIGHT% uses the
- You can introduce new preferences variables and use them in your topics and templates. There is no need to change the Foswiki engine (Perl scripts).
- DefaultPreferences has site-level preferences.
- WikiUsers has a list of user topics. User topics can have optional user preferences.
- Macros has a list of common
- AccessControl explains how to restrict access by users or groups.